If you listen to ONE podcast between now and the New Year, let it be this one. In fact, make it a 2016 resolution to subscribe and listen to at least 3 podcasts that can help your business or get you thinking.
I’m a big fan of Tim Ferriss’ work and his podcast. I’m also a big fan of Derek Sivers, the founder of CD Baby. Put the two of them together and something magical happens. In this episode of the Tim Ferriss Show, Derek takes listeners through the founding of CD Baby and how he’s shaped both his business and his life to work for him to make the kind of life he wants to lead.
It’s a fascinating discussion chock full of lessons on work life balance, building confidence, startup life, the value of NOT giving 100%, and learning to say ‘Hell Yeah, or No.’
Selected Links from the Episode (copied from Tim’s Show Notes)
- Anything You Want by Derek Sivers
- HELL YEAH! Or No. by Derek Sivers
- Learn more about Now Now Now
- The Most Successful E-mail I Ever Wrote
- Watch Vanilla Sky, the movie that inspired Derek to automate CD Baby
- Get Derek Sivers’s book notes
- Seeking Wisdom by Peter Bevelin (Derek Sivers’s notes)
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz (Derek Sivers’s notes)
- Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert – (Derek Sivers’s notes)
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma and Food Rules by Michael Pollan
- Learn more about Derek Sivers’s directives project
- Check out Weird or Just Different, Derek Sivers 3-minute TED Talk
- A Guide to the Good Life by William Irvine (Derek Sivers’s notes)
- Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach
- A Geek in Japan by Hector Garcia
- Au Contraire by Gilles Asselin and Ruth Mastron
- Check out Chris Rock’s Top Five
- What if You Didn’t Need Money or Attention?
- Relax For The Same Result
- Saying No To Everything Else
Have a great holiday and let’s build something awesome in 2016.